According to Krista Torres' article, You Need 15 Pumps Of Foundation For The SPF In It To Be Effective (buzzfeed.com), that's A LOT of foundation to get enough face protection from the sun.
How would it look on your face if you put on 15 pumps of foundation? Scary. . . possibly, right? Your face may end up looking cakey, blotchy, and worse off.
Well, what if there’s more than just one step to putting on sunscreen?
To be honest, some people think they only need to put one to two layers of sunblock to protect their skin from UVA/UVB and HEV (blue light) rays. NOPE! That is not the case. Even if you put on sunscreen in the morning, every couple of hours, you’ll have to reapply! UGH! Just imagine putting on makeup and the sunscreen on top of it.
According to the 10-step Korean skincare routine, you’ll put on sunscreen in step 10.
At K-Beauty Makeup, we suggest how-to put on more layers of SPF protection for your face.
Some of us at K-Beauty Makeup apply more than one layer of sunscreen prior to putting on makeup. We sure do!
Consider trying our method when layering SPF protection using K-Beauty skincare products. Below are 9-11 layers of SPF products you can put on your skin instead of 15 pumps of foundation! (There’s plenty of other methods as well).
Note: When you place a product on your face, tap/dab/pat it onto your face.
Step 10 Korean Skin Care Routine and More Steps
Day-Time: Before Applying Makeup
Step 5: Consider using an K-Beauty essence and ampoule product with SPF
- [THANK YOU FARMER] Sun Project Shimmer Sun Essence SPF30 PA++ 40ml
- Dr.G Pycnogenol SPF 50+PA++++ Ampoule Up Sun 40ml
Step 6: Consider using an K-Beauty serum product with SPF
Step 9: Consider using an K-Beauty Use a moisturizer with SPF
Step 10 part A: Use a sunblock with SPF
- 9wishes Sun Moisturizer SPF50+/PA+++ 50ml
- A'pieu Super Air Fit Mild Sunscreen Matte SPF50+ PA++++ 50ml
- belif UV Protector Daily Sunscreen Gel SPF 50+ PA++ 50ml
- BRTC V10 UV Shield Moisture Essence Sun SPF50+ PA++++ 50ml
- G Green Mild Up Sun Lotion SPF50+ PA++++ 90ml
- G Green Mild Up Sun Plus SPF50+/PA++++ 50ml
- HERA SUN MATE LEPORTS PRO WATERPROOF SPF 50+ / PA++++ 70ml
- HERA SUN MATE EXCELLENCE SPF 50+ / PA++++ 40ml
- HERA SUN MATE PROTECTOR SPF 50+ / PA+++ 50ml
- IOPE UV SHIELD SUN PROTECTOR XP SPF 50+ PA++++ 60m
- KAHI Wrinkle Bounce Essential Suncream 50ml
- NEOGEN Day-Light Protection Sunscreen SPF 50+/PA+++ 50ml
- THE FACE SHOP Power Long Lasting Moisture Sun Cream SPF 50 PA+++ 50ml
- THE FACE SHOP Power Long- Lasting Sun Cream 50ml
Step 10 part B: Use makeup base/primer with SPF
Step 10 part C: Use a K-Beauty tone up product with SPF
- THE FACE SHOP Power Long Lasting Tone Up Sun Pink SPF 50+ PA++++ 50ml
- CNP Tone-up Protection Sun
- MISSHA SAFE BLOCK RX COVER TONE UP SUN 50ml
- MISSHA SAFE BLOCK RX ZINC TONE UP SUN 50ml
- ROVECTIN Skin Essentials Double Tone-Up UV Protector SPF50+ PA++++ 50ml
- Sulwhasoo Makeup Balancer EX SPF34 PA++ 35ml (3 Colors)
- AHC AURA SECRET TONE UP CREAM SPF30 PA++ 50ml X 2ea
Day-Time: Applying K-Beauty Makeup
Makeup Step 1: Use a K-Beauty BB cream or tint with SPF (Use on certain spots)
- belif UV Protector Stand-by-you Basic BB (SPF50+/PA++++) 50m
- BRTC Jasmine Water BB Cream SPF30+ 60g
- HERA BLACK FOUNDATION SPF 15 / PA+ 35ml (12 Colors)
- [The History of Whoo] GONGJINHYANG SEOL Radiant White BB Sun SPF 45/PA +++ 40ml
- Jart+ Nourishing Black Plus SPF 25 Beauty Balm, 1.28 oz(40ml)
- Jart+ Rejuvenating BB Beauty Balm Silver Label SPF 35/PA++ Whitening Foundation 40ml
- Jart+ Bb Dis-a-pore Beauty Balm BB Cream Spf 30, 1.69 oz(50ml)
- [THANK YOU FARMER] Be Beautiful Natural BB Cream 40ml
- MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 PA+++ 50ml
- It'S SKIN PRESTIGE Crème Ginseng D'escargot BB Cream SPF35 PA++ 50ml
- BANILA CO Covericious Skin Fit Tinted Moisturizer SPF40 PA++ 30ml
- primera Skin Relief UV Protector EX SPF50+ PA+++ 50ml
Makeup Step 3: Use a foundation or cushion foundation with SPF
Makeup Step 4: Powder
After placing other makeup products on your face, consider using powder with SPF if your skin looks good with powder.
Say that you do not want to put foundation on your face. You can also use spf balms and sun sticks!
- KAHI Aqua Balm | K Beauty Skincare
- [HOLIKA HOLIKA] Less On Skin Redness Calming CICA Sun Stick SPF50+ 14g
- [NATURE REPUBLIC] California Aloe Fresh Powdery Sun Stick SPF50+PA++++ 22g
- CLIO Kill Protection Fresh Sun Stick SPF50+ PA++++ 21g
Now, at K-Beauty Makeup, we do not have zinc oxide mists to spray yourself throughout the day. Consider finding a product that allows you to put on SPF after wearing makeup.