Have you heard of the famous "10 Step Korean Skin Care Routine"? The 10-Step K-Beauty Routine has become a global phenomenon. However, you may have to take more than or less than 10 steps for your skin routine, depending on your preference. Yes, there are so many steps. It's takes work to have your face look good. Whatever your step preference is, what is important is that your face is clean, moisturized, and healthy!
At K-Beauty Makeup, the steps may range from 5-15 steps! Technically, we do more than a 10-step routine. We do a 15-Step Routine. Wait, What?! Yes, we do. We want to make sure our faces clean, hydrated, and youthful-looking.
Here's K-Beauty Makeup's version of our 10 Plus Step K-Beauty Skin Care Routine:
- Oil-Based Cleanser: Use a cleansing oil to remove makeup and impurities; do this twice. If you've tried oil cleansers, you'll know doing it once will not cut it.
- Water-Based Cleanser: Do this once or twice. We like to do it twice ... just to make sure there's no more makeup or residue left.
- Cleansing Foam: Cleanse your face with a K-Beauty cleansing foam
- Exfoliator: Use gentle peeling gel or some gentle exfoliator to remove dead skin cells. Have you
- Toner: Do this immediately. This moisturizes your face after washing off your impurities. This also helps remove any leftover impurities, too.
- Ampoules: It feels like water, but it's not. It's powerful ingredients are jam packed into this liquidity, watery substance to target specific skin issues.
- Essence and Serums: Use essences and serums right after you use toner. It continues to hydrate and provide any extra umph (anti-aging, lifting, hydrating, etc.) you desire to your face.
- Treatment: Is there another product that you are focusing on? Do you have hyperpigmentation? acne? or something else? Use targeted treatment products to clear, lift, eliminate, and more.
- 9.Sheet Mask - Place that highly moisturized sheet mask on your face. Let all the products you already put on your face and the ingredients in the mask absorb into your skin. Ahhh....after 15-30 minutes, take off the mask sheet.
- Eye Cream - Hate getting those fine lines around your eyes? Then, this is your time to put eye cream or something special for your eyes. Let this cream hydrate and reduce any puffiness around your eyes.
- Emulsion and Lotion: This is a lighter lotion product that is thicker than water. Use this lotion as your next step to continue hydrating your skin. Don't forget to tap tap tap your face.
- Cream: This is a thicker lotion. For people with dry skin, this thicker lotion/cream really hydrates your face . . . and lips.
- Safe SPF Sunscreen: Protect your face with sunblock please! At K-Beauty Makeup, we worry about your face. Some people have hyper-pigmentation and melasma. Stop getting more. Check out our best Korean sunblock protection (with tone up) blog. Most of the time, you wear spf in the morning. Whether it's healthy or not, we put spf on our melasma and hyperpigmented spots on our face (with anti-blue light) at night. We have a tendency to look at our phones at night, so we cover our spots with anti-blue light spf lotion. Phones emit blue light. Ugh...If your a dermatologist, let us know if putting on spf on our spots at night is ok. We're curious.